Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dec 1st - Resound11 Link Up

Today, I heard about a really fun opportunity to look back at 2011 and participate in a blog link up for each day of the month of December. We will see if I am able to keep up with it (no promises). You can join the fun too by linking up at resound11!

Okay so the first prompt is: What is one word to describe your 2011? Why does that word sum up your year?

The first word that came to my mind when I read that was: CONTENT!

I am finally in the place that I have always wanted to be! We have the home, we have the kids, I get to stay at home with them, and Peter passed his CPA exam - freeing up his schedule considerably! We've reached an incredible place of contentment! We're not in the midst of any big projects (besides incubating baby #3) but nothing like battling our way through the adoption process or anything along those lines.

Our family life is in a decent spot (more on that later!), Peter's job is going well and feels pretty secure (which is a HUGE deal in this economy), our marriage feels like it is in the best shape it has ever been! This pregnancy has been going very well- life is good!

Sure there are things that I still desire. I would love a bigger house, but with home values where they are that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I would love to adopt again, but I know my hands are going to be very full for years to come. I would love to be moving a bit faster on our financial goals, but we are where we are right now and we can't really do anything to change that. God has really been working on my heart this year in learning to be content exactly where we are!

So yes, I am in a very content place right now and it feels really nice! I truly feel like I have been given everything I have wanted out of life and MORE!

0 comments: