Sunday, December 11, 2011

Best Meal

What is the best meal or best food that you have eaten all year? Did you make it? Did you get it at a restaurant?

Okay this one is tough for me, because no meal really sticks out in my mind. Honestly, the first thing I thought of was the hospital pudding! It was sooo good! And it wasn't just because I was starving, Peter agreed that there was something amazing about that pudding! A couple other foods that stick out were some Poppy Seed muffins we got at Fred Meyer every morning on our way to the NICU. Those still are the best poppy seed muffins I have ever had! Another meal that sticks out is the pizza we got on our way back from the NICU the night after I had Eli. It tasted soooo good to me, but that time I know it was because I was starving :)

But the nicest meals that stick out in my mind are our date to Cheesecake Factory on our anniversary. It was just a really nice time of peace and quiet where we could talk and enjoy our company. We haven't gotten out all that often without the boys this year and a lot of times when we have, we have had a specific purpose. So getting to sit down and have dinner, just us was really nice!

And our other nice dinner was at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. This is our date tradition every time we go to Disneyland. It is so much fun to request a seat by the water and enjoy our meal and conversation while watching the boats from Pirates of the Carribean float by. It is also fun because the restaurant is so dark and themed perfectly like you really are sitting by the Bayou in New Orleans, listening to the crickets and watching the lightening bugs! The food is just mediocre and very expensive, but my company every year is divine :)


0 comments: