Saturday, December 17, 2011

Appreciation

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year?



Definitely that would be my husband! There is no way that I could make it through this busy and crazy life without him. By the end of the day, my brain is pretty much fried and he walks in the door after a full day at work and is ready to get to work! He helps me feed the kids dinner, then plays with them so I can get a little escape. He does bath time since that is getting more and more difficult for me and my growing belly. He does jammies and the nighttime bottle - all so that I can get a little break. On the weekends he gets up in the morning with the boys so that I can sleep in and pitches in with the housework.


I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father for my kids! I remember how nervous he was when we got to Ethiopia because he had such limited experience with babies. He was worried about having to take care of a baby. I told him within a day he would have it all figured it out - that babies are pretty easy to take care of. And within 24 hours he was a pro at it! He was definitely a natural at the Father thing! I am so thrilled that I married someone like minded to me! He has a passion for orphans like I do and is totally okay with the big family I want! When we set our minds to completing a goal, we are unstoppable! I know he will always be in my corner!



Another thing I appreciate so much is the health of my children. Signing up for adoption, you sign up for lots of unknowns. We had a lot of people praying for the health of our little man while we waited. Those prayers have certainly paid off! Besides a double ear infection when we brought him home, he has had a perfectly clean bill of health! He didn't even have a single parasite, which is very common with Internationally adopted children. He was a huge baby and didn't really battle any of the malnourishment that is common either. We prayed so hard for his emotional health and he came home and bonded and attached to us beautifully. I know that meeting his emotional needs will be a lifelong process but I truly feel like we have had the storybook adoption with that little guy.


After a rough start with Elias, he has stayed pretty healthy too! I worried that he would have on going health issues with his immature lungs but besides a few minor illnesses he has been so strong and healthy since he left the NICU! A major blessing for sure! He has caught up for his prematurity and while he is still a little peanut, he has grown considerably big and strong. Healthy children is definitely something that I do not take for granted!

0 comments: