Saturday, December 24, 2011

Trying Something New

What is one thing (activity, food, career, event, travel, etc.) that you'd like to try in 2012? Why haven't you tried it yet? What makes 2012 the year to try it?

Well, honestly 2012 will probably not be the year I try much of anything new since I am going to be really busy adjusting to mothering 3 little ones. But, I do have a short list of things I am interested in doing and at the very top of the list (since this will probably be the easiest to accomplish) is taking cake decorating classes. I have always really enjoyed baking and part of my interest in baking includes learning how to decorate cakes. When I was little I spent lots of time in my grandma's kitchen baking. We would talk about how when I got older we would open a bakery together. Of course as a child I never realized that my getting older would mean her getting older too, but that was what I wanted to do as a child. I don't have any desire to actually open a bakery now, but I would really enjoy being able to decorate cakes and maybe even passing on my love of baking to my grandchildren someday!

0 comments: