Friday, December 30, 2011

A letter

Today, write a letter to yourself to read on 12/30/12. Write about what you have accomplished. Write about who you are and who you have become. Write a wishlist.

Is writing a letter to yourself too cheesy? Write about how you would like your life to be different than it is now at this time next year. Or write about what you would like to have stay the same.


What do I want to see different in my life one year from today. Of course my top priority is having healthy children. I want this new little bundle to arrive full term and healthy in 2012, where we can all leave the hospital as a family of 3! I want continued health for Malachi and Eli!

Some personal goals I have for myself would be to not only be back to pre-pregnancy weight, but to also be back at my goal weight. I think that is very doable, especially if I am chasing 3 kiddo's around :) I also want to continue to stay on top of my housework like I've done the last few months and stay on top of scrapbooks. It is so nice to not be behind in those areas!

Another goal I have for 2012 is to stay on top of our finances. We have set up an awesome budgeting system through mint.com and it has really helped us to see exactly where we are overspending. So in 2012, I want to stay in my budgets and see us complete our goal of stashing 3-6 months expenses into savings.

With my marriage, I would love to see us continue to get out on date nights at least once every few months. Hopefully we can also continue our Thursday Family Date Nights too. I want to continue to keep our marriage a priority as we have done a very good job of that this year! Another part of helping my husband will be keeping on top of the cooking and cleaning and also not overspending which will greatly reduce his stress :) I would also love to go on 1 or 2 weekend getaways with him in 2012, but we will have to see how that works out with 3 kids!

With Malachi I want to continue to meet his needs and keep him challenged. He needs me to spend 1 on 1 time with him doing big boy activities. I also need to find a way to challenge his mind, he loves to learn. He knows all his ABC's now and his numbers up to 12 so I need to figure out something else for him that will keep his brain challenged! My hopes are that he will be fully potty trained by the end of 2012!

Elias is a little more of a challenge. I am not sure of what his areas of interest will be! I also want to be sure and get one on one time with him and do special activities together. I really think with how close all of our kids will be in age that giving them one on one attention is very important. My hope is that we will be on the road to potty training by this time next year, hopefully at least having some successes! I also assume he will be in a toddler bed by this time next year too, but we will wait and see how that goes.

And the little bun in the oven. I just want to love him or her to pieces and enjoy every second of babyhood before s/he grows up too fast!


0 comments: