Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Away!

Since the year we first got married, Peter and I have been fortunate to get-away for a weekend near the end of the year! Most years we have ended up at the beach, but we've also gotten away to the mountains in Central Oregon. Having my parents be a part of a timeshare makes getting away in December super cheap and easy!

My parents actually had the timeshare for the week, but my dad got a teaching opportunity for the weekend so they offered to switch out with us and keep the kids while we took the weekend - um YEAH, we'll take it!!!

I just came out of a really rough week with discipline issues with our strong-willed toddler so a little break came at just the perfect time!

Our living room for the weekend:

We usually end up further down the coast, but this year we got to go to Seaside! If you've ever been to Seaside Oregon, then you know the most well known location in Seaside is this roundabout - so the view from our room was the best prime real estate in the city :)



And seriously, the weather was gorgeous and perfect! It was cold but not windy - so beautiful! Driving through the mountains and seeing our coast really makes me feel so blessed to live in the most beautiful part of the US!!!


We did a little bit of walking around and shopping! Peter was quite happy to find his favorite, impossible in the US to find candy bar :) We also picked up a few of the best melt in your mouth caramels - mmmmm!!!

And no trip away is complete without our breakfast staple sticky buns! So simple to make and oh so yummy!


The weekend away was very refreshing! It felt so strange to NOT be chasing kids around. It gave us enough peace and quiet for Peter to complete his last task in becoming a CPA - passing the Ethics part of his Exam!

It also gave me plenty of time to kick back and read some good books on parenting boys and some ideas on disciplining a toddler. We've been having a rough go around with toddler brutality to baby brother. I was beginning to feel totally clueless on how to handle things, but it was great to get an opportunity to sit down and read and realize that I am handling things the way they need to be handled and that this phase is VERY normal for a 19 month old and to just keep pressing forward and do what I'm doing :)

It was so great to just be able to enjoy my husband's company but by that second night away, I was very ready to get my boys back in my arms :) It was a perfect little winter getaway!!!

0 comments: