Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Goals for 2012

Take today to talk about 12 things you would like to accomplish in 2012. These 12 things can be 12 resolutions, 12 changes in your life, 12 wines you'd like to drink, 12 cities you'd like to visit, or 12 monthly goals. The decision is yours

These are more of 12 Family Goals for 2012

1) Get this baby on the way to full term - 37 weeks or beyond!

2) *Slight TMI Warning* Successfully nurse! After Eli's hospital trip and his prematurity, we could just not get it to work out, even after a few trips to lactation at the hospital. After 5 months of exclusive pumping (which is A LOT of work!) my supply tanked and nothing I tried could get it back up so I had to stop. Hopefully Goal #1 will make this goal easier to obtain!

3) Get Malachi into a toddler bed and Eli into Malachi's room, where they will hopefully not wake each other up. We can hopefully accomplish all of this before the end of the summer.

4) Along the same line, have Malachi 100% potty trained by the end of the year, and be working on it with Eli.

5) Get our budget under control. With kid after kid arriving in the family,and unexpected medical bills, etc. our budgeting has not been pretty. A new year, with a new start (thanks to www.mint.com - awesome budgeting site!) we are on track to fix that in 2012. So in 2012 I hope to STICK with our budget! Again, reaching goals #1, #2, and #4 would go along ways in helping us with our budget!

6) Along the same lines of budgeting, I have an aggressive goal of seeing our Emergency Fund (roughly 5 to 6 months expenses in savings) fully funded by the end of the year. If things go as planned this year, I do believe it is possible!

7) See Peter get promoted. This one is mostly out of our hands, but there is a good chance it will happen!

8) Get our backyard in nice enough condition the boys will be able to play out there this summer. That means getting rid of the weeds so that the bees will buzz off and watering it through the summer (there's a budget killer!)

9) Peter's Goal - make a list of all of the things in our house with serial numbers, just in case the house burns down.

10) Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and hopefully be working towards my goal weight by the end of the year. I am trying to be realistic with this one, knowing that with a second pregnancy the weight may be harder to lose. But with Jillian Michael's and Weight Watcher's on my side, I hope I can make it happen.

11) Enjoy my little ones and be sure and take lots of pictures and video of them. They are growing way too fast. Also keep their scrapbooks up, which I have done a really good job of so far!

12) NOT get pregnant :) We definitely need a break in new additions to the family for awhile. I cherish each and every one of my little ones and would not change a thing in our story - each one of them is valued and wanted. But I am really looking forward to settling into life as a family of 5 and getting a chance to sit back and just enjoy life for awhile :)

0 comments: