Friday, December 9, 2011

Photo of the Year!

For the past 8 days, we've talked about our year. For the next 7 days (with a break in between for a special prompt), we're going to talk about the best things of 2011, then we'll round out the month planning for 2012.

Today, please post your best photo of the year. It doesn't have to be the best technically, it doesn't have to be the best visually, but it should be a photo that you consider the best. Does it have special meaning? Is it of a significant event or moment?



I couldn't pick just one picture, since I do have two children and have very special moments with both of them this year. So I decided to pick a special moment with both of them!


For Malachi, it would be getting to celebrate his first birthday with him! I have longed for children for such a long time, and the first birthday is such a huge milestone! With adoption, we were open to adopting a child 0-12 months which means we could have potentially missed out on a first birthday. But God was great to us, and we were able to have so many of Malachi's firsts with him, but the greatest moment for me was his first birthday! This picture was taken the night of his first birthday!


And then there is Elias. Our little peanut baby! Just getting him home from the hospital was such a big moment and I couldn't wait to photograph how TEENY TINY he was! This is one of my very favorite pictures of him! He was so tiny, so precious, and perfect! Around this time, I just loved to watch him breath. His ability to breath was such a miracle to me.



0 comments: