Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Achievement

What goal did you set for yourself and achieve this year? Did you achieve something you didn't think you could? Did you win an award? Did you set a record? Did you finally get your VCR from 1985 to stop blinking 12:00? C'mon, share it! Today is your chance to brag and get a resounding round of interweb applause.



Well, my biggest achievement this year was birthing my son :) I feel like birth was one of the most amazing things I have ever done! It was a very cool experience. I remember laughing so much while I was pushing. My doctor had everyone in the room laughing so hard. The moment he came out, my laughter turned into tears at this precious miracle that I grew in my tummy for 36 weeks. I remember my doctor looking over at me and asking me how I felt and I told her that it was pretty amazing and she agreed with me. The fact that the female body is capable of protecting and giving a fetus everything it needs to grow into this beautiful baby - so incredible! That our bodies can stretch so much while we are pregnant and then have contractions that force the baby out - just such a perfectly knit together plan! So yes, even though my body didn't bake the baby as long as it should have, and even though I didn't win that martyr award and instead opted for an epidural - it was still a major lifetime achievement for me and something I longed to accomplish in my life!

0 comments: