Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Elevator Interview

If you had 30-90 seconds to describe yourself (give anelevator speech), how would you sum up who you are?

I am a follower of Christ. He has forgiven me and I strive to live my life to His will. I often fail miserably, but I continue to try and be a better person everyday. As long as I follow Him, I can't go wrong! At this point in my life I feel like my life calling is to raise my children to know God personally and follow His will. That is quite a responsibility and I pray everyday as I hold my boys that God will protect them and guide them throughout their entire lives!

My second "calling" in life is a wife. Since the day I was married 5 1/2 years ago, I have striven to better myself as a wife to my husband. I don't believe any marriage cannot be broken so I am committed to strengthening the ties of my marriage everyday. My husband and I have never been closer than we are today, and I hope that everyday for the rest of our lives I can say that very same thing! I love my husband very very much!

My third role in life is as a mother. This role I take very seriously. Forming humans is no easy task. I now have 3 little ones that are my responsibility to care for, love unconditionally, and someday release into the world as their own capable adults. Sometimes this task seems daunting. I love my children so much that it hurts!

Another thing I feel very strongly about is orphan care. I will spend the rest of my life advocating for, financially supporting, covering in prayer, and adopting (as God leads). Another area God is growing my heart is for the widows of this world. I know God has big plans for these passions in my life and I pray that I have the courage to do whatever He asks of me!

I am a homebody through and through, which works out really well with the fact that it is hard to get out of the house with little ones so close in age! I consider myself pretty boring actually - I cook, I clean, I take care of my family and that is enough to satisfy me most days!

0 comments: