Monday, November 28, 2011

My Blessings

Okay, so I know the official day of Thanksgiving is over! But since we supposed to be thankful everyday, I wanted to share just a few of my many blessings.

When I look around my home, I see everything I have ever wanted and so much more! I hate to admit that sometimes when I look at my house, I am anything but grateful. God has really been working on my heart lately, teaching me to be grateful for the here and now. So as I have been looking around my home lately, I can finally say that I am grateful for the roof over my head! God has been gracious and filled our home to the brim! Every bedroom has a family member and while we may be unconventional in that our formal dining room is actually a playroom - our home is perfect for us in the here and now! I am thankful for my home that gets cozier by the day :)

I am most thankful for my husband! He is by far the greatest blessing I have in my life! I cannot imagine having to live a day without him by my side. He is my rock and keeps our family going! he loves me and is faithful to me. He works hard and provides for our family so that I am able to stay at home with my children. I am thankful that we have a similar sense of humor and can joke and laugh with one another. We have both stayed committed to working hard to keep our marriage happy! And to get into the type of daddy he is - he is so loving with our boys and is ready to be on Dad duty from the second he walks in the door from work. He is a total hands-on Dad and someone I am so proud to have as a role model for my boys!

I am thankful for my Malachi. He adds a special spark and zest to our family! He is the easiest child ever to get a smile out of! He has a GREAT sense of humor and I can't wait to watch it develop further as he grows! He was our hard fought after child! Our family would truly be missing something without him! Malachi is the definition of JOY!

And then there is little Eli! The word that comes to mind when I think of Eli is tenderheart. He is a perfect combination of Peter and I. He was our little bird and I am so thankful that he has thrived since his rough start into this world. While I like to joke with Peter about certain personality traits of his that I see in Eli, in reality we would be very lucky if this little boy grows up to be just like his Daddy!

And then there is my precious little baby on the way! The one who loves to kick me and I can already sense is going to keep me on my toes! The child I had no idea my heart was missing. I think back to a few years ago when becoming a parent felt like an unattainable dream and here we are today, having been blessed not only once, or twice, but God has seen fit to bless us with a 3rd little one to add to our family! Wow! I fall deeper and deeper in love with this child as every day goes by - as I feel more and more kicks and my tummy continues to grow! Life is good!

These are just a few of the MANY blessings I have in my life. They are just the reminders I see as I look around my living room tonight!

0 comments: