Sunday, December 9, 2012

Unwinding

What did you do this year when things got hectic? How did you unwind?


Of course this past year has felt a bit hectic at times.  I have 2 toddler boys and a baby girl so life gets a bit busy and crazy and there just are not enough hours in the day to get everything taken care of!

The biggest area of my life that has actually helped me in unwinding.  Is communicating and sharing  my burden.  This is still a work in progress, but instead of remaining flustered, I am learning to let Peter know when I am feeling overwhelmed and I am learning to allow him to carry some of the burden.  I truly can't do everything on the home front by myself - there is just too much to be done.  So, sometimes at the end of the day, once we get all the kids in bed, Peter will ask me what I need him to help with to make things less stressful.  He is good about helping, but I need to communicate that need to him earlier in the day so he can even understand that a need exists.  

Having Peter help out, really lessens the burden.  In 20-30 minutes we can get a lot more accomplished than I can even attempt when the kids are up!  This leaves us time to curl up and watch a bit of tv together.  Or this year we have really started reading books, or sometimes I waste my evenings on Pinterest to unwind.  Although my all time favorite way to relax and unwind is still to take a nap! 

0 comments: