Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unplugging

Small box prompt December 2nd: Unplug for an hour, a half day, or a whole day. Choose a time that feels a little uncomfortable. How did you feel? What did you do? Reflect on your experience. How much did you unplug this year? How does this experience make you feel about unplugging in the coming year?

This is not something I did today, but it is something I have been working hard on lately.  I have been really working at unplugging and giving my kids my full attention in the hours they are up.  This is a bit of a struggle for me, because I'm often a bored housewife ;)  But in striving to "be present" more I have gotten a lot more quality time with my kids, which with 3 of them under 2, they really need!  I can also get a lot more done in a day if I just set the computer aside and get to work!  The internet is a wonderful tool, but it can also be a huge distraction from the most important things in life and I am striving daily to find that right balance!


0 comments: