Thursday, November 1, 2012

Registered!

Well, we're all registered for our next running adventure!  I can't believe that I am saying it, but I am really starting to enjoy running, even if the weather stinks this time of year!  I am feeling pretty comfortable that I can run a 5K in just under 30 minutes which is seriously HUGE for me!  I am looking forward to the next challenge of getting up to 4 miles!  

Peter is making running look like a piece of cake.  He can do a 5K right around 20 minutes and is not even out of breath doing it!  His next race will be a 5K on Thanksgiving Day, so it is coming up here soon!

Registration opened today for the next race we wanted to run, so we jumped right on it and are officially registered for:





This is a BIG event that will be held on St Patrick's Day in downtown Portland!  So it is definitely a way's out but Peter will be running a 15K for this one, so he can use the extra training time!  I am registered for the 5K but there is a very slim possibility I may move up to the 8K.  With the race starting times there is a decent possibility that Peter could be done with the 15K by the time the 5K starts so he could run that one with me too.  Which I always prefer to run together if we can!  

So, there you have it!  I guess I really am going to stick with this running business!!!  

0 comments: