Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Bit Girly

When we first decorated our nursery almost 3 years ago, we weren't 100% sure of what gender we would be getting, but we had a pretty good idea that we would end up with a baby boy!  So, we leaned a bit to the boy side on the nursery.

When Sabrina was born, I decided that we needed to make a few changes to the space to make it more girly for her.  I didn't want to do anything drastic, but just a few subtle changes here and there.  Some of my ideas haven't quite panned out yet, and I imagine it will probably always be a work in progress, but here are a few of the changes we made to make it a bit more feminine:  

The room and what it looked like about 3 years ago (not completely finished)



And now:  I LOVE that with the help of a friend I was able to find a bedroom set that matched the colors of the circles painted on the wall perfectly!  


Before: 



After:


I had a wonderful friend (who is adopting and should get a referral any day now!) paint the canvas and I adore the way it turned out!  

I hope Sabrina loves her room :)

0 comments: