Wednesday, February 1, 2012

28 Weeks

Today I had my 28 week prenatal appointment. I also had my gestational diabetes test, which I had last pregnancy but based on testing I did on my way out the door, I feel very confident that I don't have it this time. But we will wait for the official word on that!

My appointment went okay. Baby is still sounding great and doing great! I on the other hand may have a few issues going on. I will spare the details, but things are starting to change already. So with that news and the fact that I have had a lot of contractions she decided to run a FFN (fetal fibronectin) test. Basically a negative on this test would mean that I am not at risk of going into labor within the next 2 weeks, whereas a positive test would mean that I am at higher risk of going into labor within 2 weeks, but not necessarily that I would in fact go into labor.

So I should have those results sometime tomorrow. My doctor said we really need to just focus on making it to 37 weeks. That is now my goal and hopefully beyond that! For now I am to limit activities as much as possible, and avoid lifting as much as I can with 2 babies at home. If the results come back positive tomorrow (which I am optimistic that they will not!) the game plan will be changing.

So for now, we just wait until tomorrows results and plan on my next OB visit in 2 weeks. We're to the 2 week appointments!!!


UPDATE: Got my results tonight! No GD this time - YAY! And most importantly the FFN came back negative so that means I am pretty much free and clear that the next 2 weeks I won't be delivering a baby. Still have to take it easy, but glad that all of the "what-ifs" aren't coming true!

0 comments: