Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Get-Away

This weekend Peter and I were able to get away for a little mini-vacation courtesy of the CPA exam. Peter needed to take another exam before the window closes at the end of November and all of the time slots were taken for the local testing center so off to Bend we went! We stayed at Eagle Crest resort, which we have gotten away to about once a year to, but always in the summer. This trip was a fun little winter get-away that really put me in the mood for Christmastime! Waking up to snow both mornings was a welcome little treat!





We decided to take full advantage of this opportunity at a weekend getaway! It was a little hard to leave Malachi behind, but it was also a wonderful time of catching up and relaxing as a couple! We always want to continue to make our marriage a priority and while sometimes it can be difficult as we now have a little one that requires a lot of our attention - it was so nice to just get some us time!

We kind of considered this our last little babymoon before Baby #2 arrives into the family in about 3 more months. It is kind of interesting that Peter and I took off for Eagle Crest a few weeks before Malachi arrived into the family. This was a totally different trip as I was still feeling quite ill, being only about 8 weeks pregnant the last time we went. This trip was much more enjoyable in that regard.


Any opportunity I get while on vacation - I want a jacuzzi tub to relax in! Sometimes we go out of our way or pay a bit more for me to get my tub. This trip, only having a few days notice we didn't have our hopes up that it would be possible. At first we were booked into the hotel, but a few days before we left a 2 bedroom jacuzzi tub unit opened up for just a couple more dollars a night - SCORE!

So while the trip was 1/2 fun 1/2 business for Peter, it was very relaxing for me! I was able to spend plenty of time in the jacuzzi tub catching up on my pregnancy reading!


It is also really nice because we have a full kitchen and don't have to go out for all of our meals. While Peter was away at his test Saturday morning, I was able to make a really simple, but very yummy treat for us when he returned.

Freezer Rolls Sticky Buns:

The night before take the freezer rolls and place in a greased pan. Top them with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sugar. Cover with plastic wrap for the night and let the rise.


In the morning pour a little melted butter over top.

Put in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes and enjoy! They are so yummy and so simple. We made ourselves sick on them!!!


While we had a wonderful time just the two of us, little man was never far from our thoughts. We were looking forward to getting back home to this crazy little face:



It was a great time away, and even though we didn't realize we needed a weekend away, it was a very nice relaxing time. After the fun little taste of snow we got, I am so ready for some snow, some Christmas music, and my Christmas tree :)

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Sounds fun!

Can't get enough of that cutie pie face!!

Jenny said...

Nice to have a weekend together! I know you missed your cutie too though! I mean, look at that face! How could you not?! Seriously a good idea... With #2 on the way super soon, I'm sure you needed this time together! I love vacationing in places with full kitchens too!