Monday, May 23, 2016

New Orleans Part 4

Then it was our last day in the city. I was able to do one of my favorite things - sleep in, while Peter went off to his last morning of his conference. Around lunchtime we took off to explore the city a little.  I had found one of the top restaurants in town and we decided to check it out, only to unfortunately end up quite disappointed. But we got in our exercise hiking over there! Then we hiked back the other way and explored the touristy part of NOLA. 






We eventually got pretty worn out from walking so we headed back to the room to chill out for the evening before we had to head home the next morning. Our evening was quite thrilling as some pretty big storms hit the region. 






After we were finally able to get to sleep in the evening, we got up and had one last breakfast of beignets!  Seriously, when the hotel you are staying in has their own Cafe Du Monde right under it, you may eat a lot more beignets than you ever should!  And I can say with certainty as we tried a few different shops, Cade Du Monde for the win if you're in NOLA! 



It was fun to get to see a different part of the country than I have been in before. Seeing New Orleans was on my bucket list and I'm glad that I got to see it. I don't have any overwhelming desire to return.  It's just not our style of city.  It was great to catch up with Megan and see where's she's living. I got to cross 3 more states off my list of states I've visited and of course any opportunity I can have to get away with my husband I will take advantage of.  So overall it was a fun trip to see someplace new! 

0 comments: