Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Post for my children 7 of 30

 This is another post for the kids. I hope these posts will help the kids in knowing a little bit more about me than they might ever know otherwise.  Everyone else reading, just gets to eavesdrop a bit on these conversations :)  


7. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

This one is a bit of a challenge for me. There are probably so many things that I could think of to wish for and prioritizing what 3 wishes would be is tough for me.  I can think of a lot of things also that I "want" to happen, but not sure if it really qualifies on the wish list if that makes sense.  So, I am just going to go with the 3 that stick out in my mind the most. I have seriously mulled over this one for weeks trying to think of what the "right" things to say would be. I've written things down and then deleted them.  These questions on this list of posts are not always that easy to answer!  


1) I would wish for the resources to make a difference.  I am not speaking in terms of being rich, because to an extent I feel like being rich would be a horrible burden to carry through life. I know personally that the more I get = the more I want.  I would not want so much as I become a selfish person. However, it would be amazing to not even have to think twice about the money to adopt again, because lets be honest, that is always the first thing I think about when I think about adopting again - how would we get the money together.  It would be amazing to have the money to truly make a difference in the lives of orphans.  I would love to have the money so that when I hear of a need, we can instantly respond to that need.  I will not say we have not been blessed financially because I truly feel like we have been and God always does provide. but I always want to be able to do more.  


2)   I wish I could talk daddy in to someday having another baby. This is a much more personal one and one that maybe should not even be posted publicly but since we do get asked this all the time, and I respond with a "I would really like to" and Daddy responds with a "NO!" I don't see why it can't be said here and explained that we have a bit of a difference of an opinion on this one! We are completely 100% together and on board for adopting again (although we have our differences of opinions on the specifics of that as well).  We know building our family through adoption is an important part of our future but I can't help the feeling that I really wish I could experience pregnancy one more time.  
2)   I wish I could talk daddy in to someday having another baby. This is a much more personal one and one that maybe should not even be posted publicly but since we do get asked this all the time, and I respond with a "I would really like to" and Daddy responds with a "NO!" I don't see why it can't be said here and explained that we have a bit of a difference of an opinion on this one! We are completely 100% together and on board for adopting again (although we have our differences of opinions on the specifics of that as well).  We know building our family through adoption is an important part of our future but I can't help the feeling that I really wish I could experience pregnancy one more time.  


3) I wish for health for all of you kids.  Nothing scares me more than to think about something bad happening to one of you.  Eli, you are the "sickest" child we've ever had and just one week of you being in the hospital was enough to scare me for life.  I never want to feel that way again.  I pray constantly for you guys to all be protected.  And to tie on to this, I also wish that we will always be close.  Some kids and their parents don't stay that close as time goes on.  I always want you guys to feel like you can come to me with anything and we will be there for you.  I know in the years to come we are bound to have our differences of opinion but I hope that we can work through whatever lies ahead and you will never doubt that we love you and will always be there for you.  





0 comments: