Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

This post is a shout out to my wonderful husband and the amazing father he is!  I married a genuinely good man!  I knew that the day I even met him. He has a heart of Gold.  But this man as a father has completely blown me away. He is the best daddy and I feel so blessed that he is the father of my children!  Even yesterday, as he sat in the row in front of me next to a young unaccompanied minor girl who talked his ear off the entire way home - I knew he just wanted to sleep but he put up with her and was so kind the whole way home.  The people in the row with me, thought this little girl was with us and when I explained to them that we had no idea who she was - they commented on how kind he was to put up with her non-stop talking. And I almost got a little choked up when I responded "He's a really good guy."  because I know sometimes I take him for granted.  

I will never forget seeing Peter become a father for the very first time.  It was completely 100% love at first sight when we walked in those orphanage doors and met Malachi.  I will never forget the look on his face and the almost tears in his eyes.  He had very limited experience with babies and yet he jumped right in to the changing's and consoling's and feedings like an old pro! 


I will never forget the day Eli was born and my husband became the rock of the family.  As they rushed Eli out of the room and Peter followed right after. There was no question that Peter would be by his side as he got transferred to a NICU hospital.  He was the steady one by Eli's side when I was unable to be there.  He was the rock that held me steady and cared for me in those impossibly tough moments.



And then he became daddy for a 3rd time in 24 months!  Not just ANY man could handle that. But he was right there and 100% my support through a very difficult pregnancy and he got his precious daughter that he was secretly hoping for who wrapped her finger right around her daddy's heart! 


He is everything I could ever want for a father of my children.  He's the spiritual leader:


The big kid who hasn't quite grown up yet



He's affectionate


                                                                 100% there for them





                                                                      a great role model


                                                                              Provider


teacher, coach, and cheerleader



He is the best man I have ever known!  He always puts the needs of our kids ahead of his own desires.  He is a real man and I fall more and more in love with him as I watch him parent and role model for my children!  We love you Peter!



0 comments: