Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fix #3

As fall begins its descent into the Northwest, I knew I wanted to expand my cold weather wardrobe a bit.  I truly have not stocked up the wardrobe in far too long and no it is well past time for some fresh fall looks.  I really enjoyed my summer stitch fixes and thanks to some Stitch Fix credits I was able to schedule my 3rd Fix!

I really look forward to mail day when my Fix is coming.  Bummer this month though that it came a day later than scheduled because of the holiday.  




First out of the box was this Ark N Co Sterling Belted Striped Mini Dress.  From the get-go, I loved this dress.  I loved the style and the stripes but just as I suspected (and even as you can tell in this picture) the horizontal stripes were not favorable on and it had to go back.  

Fun2Fun Grayce Button Up Sleeveless Blouse. This one was a great debate in the house.  I had to think long and hard about whether or not to keep it.  I know it looks a bit plain and boring, but it's a popular style and it was comfortable and flattering.  In the end, I'm not sure if it was the color being too bold or that summer is ending, but I just looked around the rest of my clothes and couldn't figure out very much I could wear with it.  So back it went. 

This is a boring picture, but what you are looking at is Just Black Connely Skinny Jeans.  In my last fix I received some skinny jeans that were a bold color and just a bit too snug for me.  So this time, I did request another pair to try.  This time they got me a pair that was a bit of a calmer color and fit perfectly!  I got Peter's opinion and he said they look nicer than any of my other pairs so even though they were a tad bit pricey, they were a keeper! 


Zouk Carleen Abstract Print Flutter Sleeve Top.  Another big disappointment for me.  Not only was this an ugly print but it was huge and made me look huge!  This one went quickly back in the box.

41Hawthorn Gennifer Zig-Zag Jersey Wrap Dress.  This one was also a bit of a debate for me. I kind of liked the pattern but it still wasn't very flattering and I am ALL for things that hide the problem areas right now.  So, it just wasn't the right one for me.


So verdict is, not my favorite fix but still beneficial.  As long as I can find that one nice thing in each box it is good to me.  I needed tops and didn't find anything good, so I am specifically requesting in my next box a lot of casual wear tops.  It is always nice to be able to give them my feedback on what I did and did not like.

If you are interested in trying out Stitch Fix services, I encourage you to give it a try.  If you sign up using my referral link, I do get credited which is always much appreciated - Start Stitch Fixing Me!  

1 comments:

Destination Beautiful said...

Do you pay upfront for this subscription, or is it free and you just pay by the item? I am very curious about this!

PS- the pics of the kids are so cute! I hope they had a good first day!