Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time keeps on flying

Another weekend is upon us. I am enjoying the fact that work has slowed down and I am getting my three day weekends back. During my crazy month of December I was just too tired to put the effort into things that needed done. I have FINALLY got caught up on laundry and am almost caught up on housework. I am doing much better at keeping my workout commitments and also spending daily time with God which sadly, tends to be the first thing I skip out on when I'm busy. Now that I am caught up on rest the evenings seem much longer and the weekends go much smoother and I have time to do some things that I want to do too!

Peter is currently in taking another CPA exam. Whew, this CPA has been quite the challenge for him. The thing is, he is an amazing accountant, he excels at everything he does at work but he just stinks at taking tests. We were talking last night about how we haven't had the right frame of mind with him and these tests. We cannot succeed at anything in life if our focus is not right. God doesn't want us to go it alone and we haven't relied on God like we should for even these tests. Peter has poured the last 2 years of his life into taking these tests. He comes home from work and studies all night and sometimes late into the night. The first 2 years of marriage he was in school and after graduating he never took a break, he's been studying since we got married! It will be so nice to have a husband after this is all over :) He really wants to be done with these things by the time he's a dad and so that is what we're praying for. If not, we'll keep doing what we're doing and keep plugging away until he does pass them all! There is only so much he can do - study as much as possible and pray about it and see what happens. The worst part is the wait, waiting 6-10 weeks for test results is no fun at all!

I am doing great with my workouts. I'm losing some weight (not a lot) but this week I took a fitness evaluation and I am making some great process! I am losing inches which is what is most important to me :) In every area I have slimmed down and in some areas I have slimmed WAY down! It is definitely motivating me to keep plugging away :)

I did get in touch with USCIS this week. They try to make it impossible to get any one's contact information but I searched and searched (gotta love Internet) until I found someone to talk to :) Our application was under review and our fingerprints had already been processed and approved (yay!) so we should be hearing a determination very soon! Will the US government find us fit to be parents? Seriously, I wish everyone had to go through a screening process before being able to become parents!

Adopting has been an exercise in faith and patience and we've had it easy. Adoption gets way harder than this has been! I am just thankful that God is taking it easy on us! We want our baby more than anything and knowing he is probably out in this world right now, but not knowing how he is, whether he is safe or if he is hungry is really difficult. We don't want this process to be delayed by anything, we want to get over there and get our little guy in our arms!!! Adopting is something that we really want to do again someday, but it is such a journey of the heart from start to finish that I just don't know if I can handle it again anytime soon. I have heard once we get him in our arms it will all be worth it and we will be more than willing to start the journey again - we shall see.

That reminds me of this verse that a friend sent to me this week:
James 1:2-6
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

This verse was so perfect for me this week :)

1 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

These are great verses. Gotta love the solid truth they hold. They give hope and good perspective to Gods ultimated plan of growing us MORE dependant on Him and faithful in our walks with Him.