Thursday, December 20, 2018

Arizona

 Peter had the opportunity to go on a quick trip to Arizona for work, and I never want to miss an opportunity to spend some alone time with my man so I jumped at the chance to leave the kids behind with grandparents and head away for some fun in the sun!

This was my first time to Arizona and I now understand why so many people love wintering there. Man that sunshine was nice and the red rock all around was just gorgeous! Like I said, it was a quick trip so we didn't get to see or do as much as we would have liked, but we definitely made the most of the time we did have together!

I had researched some ideas of things we might be able to do in the short amount of free time we had with Peter's schedule, and our first night in town we made a point to go check out The Desert Botanical Gardens at night and that proved to be a really good decision. It was a really sweet time together as we wandered the desert after dark and it was so pretty and really amazing what they have done there! 













The next day I had the opportunity to sleep in - whoohoo! I met up with Peter for his lunch break and then enjoyed the calm and quiet and the sunshine with a little bit of reading. Yes, I actually had time to open a book and read it. I read quite a bit of it there and go figure, it's still on the nightstand just waiting to be picked up and finished. Guess I may need to go on another trip to get it read!



And man oh man do they do mexican food right down there! I couldn't believe all the food they brought us but I wasn't complaining! 


All that to say the trip was awesome and felt like the gift I didn't know that I needed! I came home so relaxed and the time for us to connect without interruption before the holidays hit us was so good! I am grateful for the opportunity to travel with him and grateful to get to explore a place that I have never been before. We will definitely be back there and will make sure to have enough time to see and do more! 






0 comments: