Monday, March 19, 2018

Celebrating at the Beach

This past weekend we had a rare but special treat opportunity to get away for the weekend kid free! I love any chance we can get to be alone and enjoy some peace and quiet together. Just the opportunity of a car ride without kids yelling and screaming in the background seemed like a treat! 

This weekend was extra special because we were celebrating a new career move for Peter! I'm super proud of my guy and this new position feels like it is a really great step forward in his career. It does come with some trade offs. His new job is going to vastly increase his commute time and also require longer hours on his part, but it felt like the right time to make this move and I know I can carry more of the burden on the home front to allow him the space and time to build his career. It will definitely be a time of transition for our family as we adjust but I know Peter will still do an amazing job of balancing work life and home life. But it was extra special to get this time away and focus on us and and communicate and discuss our plans as he takes on this new role! 

We stayed at a really wonderful hotel with a gorgeous view and rooms! 



And enjoyed our time to eat and stroll town and talk in peace :) 


It is rare to have such amazing weather on the coast this time of year, but the sunset our first night was truly jaw dropping!  





My favorite form of relaxation! 


The next morning we wandered town to find some yummy crepes!


And another yummy lunch!


Look who we found! It just so happened that our favorite family photographer was visiting and would also be at the beach so family pictures were in order. It was a wee bit cold but the rain held off for us! It was also nice to see the babies for a little bit and then drive back off to our blissful hotel room!







Our weekend was wonderful, as any time we get to be together is! I love this guy so much and I appreciate how hard he works for his family. I am proud to see his hard work rewarded and I am really excited to see where this next step in his career takes him. 


0 comments: