Thursday, March 15, 2018

Another Year

Next week, the clock turns another dial and another year of life goes into the history books. I remember many years back thinking about how much I looked forward to the 30's. We were a couple that got married younger than most and had a whole lot of kids at a younger age than most. We never quite felt like we fit in with the average 20 something. I figured by the time we hit our 30's we'd be where it was at! And that is mostly true. The phase I most looked forward to in life I am currently in. The kids keep me busier than ever before, the calendar fills up more and more. I love watching the kids do things that interest them and cheering them on along the way.  Peter has put in the years and hard work at his job and we've done Dave Ramsey for enough years that we don't feel financial strain quite as often as we used to. Our marriage is wonderful, better than ever really. We've been together long enough now that the little arguments seem few and far between and we just get one another.  We've been on a bit of a spiritual journey these last couple years too and I feel closer to God than ever before. So much of life really is how I always dreamed it would be in the 30's and for that I am very grateful!

Birthday's always seem to bring along a bit of personal reflection for me.  I was born at the very front end of spring. A time where the seasons collide. They mix, even multiple times a day of rain and sunshine as the seasons battle it out. I feel like that seem fitting. We have so much good happening in our life and I am so grateful, as the sun is shines after a long winter. The sun fills my soul with joy! We've been so very blessed as I look all around. But  I've learned that so much is out of my control as the seasons continue to eb and flow.  I am full of praise on the sunny days. But how quickly I forget the rain, and in an instance it seems to roll in and bring a wave of hard things with it. I really wish it would just stop raining but it's not something that can be controlled. Nor should we want to rush it, the rain has a time and place. The rain brings forth healthy growth.  I'm learning to praise the rain too.  God is good in giving us all the seasons with their purpose, even when we can't see it.  As much as the seasons seem to collide, there are glimpses of change on the horizon, signs that spring will soon turn into a full blown summer of sunshine.  It's coming, if we can just hold on a little bit longer! 

I am so happy and so blessed, I am still learning every day.  It's been an interesting year as I  have sought contentment.  I will continue that in the year ahead. More and more as my attitude and perspective shift have I been able to see God's blessings and purpose in ALL things.  I have no idea what this next year holds for my life. I know it will hold a bit of all 4 seasons with it, some may be longer than others, but I am excited and hopeful. Every year, every day is a blessing, but I'm always hoping for a long summer!

0 comments: