Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Eli Finishes Kindergarten




If I'm being honest, this was a HARD year of Kindergarten.  Not because this kid struggles, because I can see he is brilliant. He is reading and an ace at math.  But because this kid is every bit as stubborn as both of his parents combined and really doesn't find taking 30 minutes out of his day to focus on some school work as a priority. It was a battle from day 1 to the very end of day 170, but you know what. We did it!  He may have not had the best attitude every day but it's behind us now.  Neither one of us wants to think about 1st grade at this point, and we don't have to (at least for another month or so).  He's challenged me as a teacher and as a mother because I want what is best for him. I have spent more time stressing and praying over how best to proceed with his education but the answer seems clear.  I know he is so capable and so smart and after all that reflection I still feel proceeding with home school is best for him. It will still offer him more of what he wants most - free time to play each day. So we are thankful this year is over, I am proud of his (and my) perseverance and I have really seen growth in him this year!  Way to go Eli!    

Nicknames: Eli, E
How old are you? 6
What is your favorite color? Gray
What is your favorite animal? Monkeys
What is your favorite book? Any book 
What is your favorite TV show?  Jessie 
What is your favorite movie? The Lego Movie
What is your favorite song? I don't know
What is your favorite food? Egg Sandwiches
What is your favorite drink? Water
What is your favorite breakfast food? Cereal 
What is your favorite snack? Goldfish
What is your favorite outfit? I don't know (he's a casual guy, loves to just wear shorts and t shirts)
What is your favorite game? Daddy's games on his phone
What is your favorite toy? All of them 
Who is your best friend? Malachi and Johnny 
What is your favorite thing to do? Play Minecraft  
What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Ride my bike   
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween 
What do you like to take to bed with you? Lion 
Where is your favorite place to go? Jungle Gym or out for pizza 
What is your favorite restaurant? Pizza 
Where do you want to go on vacation? Disneyland or Whistler or the Beach or Eagle Crest 
What do you want to be when you grow up? I haven't decided 


And with that, this mama and these kids are on summer break!  Every school year feels like such an accomplishment! It is a lot of work but such a blessing to get to teach and learn with my kids.  After a little bit of rest and fun I am sure we will all be ready to hit the books together again! 

0 comments: