Sunday, July 24, 2016

Peter's 30th!

Peter joined the 30 year old club this past week, now we can be "old" together!  He pulled out all the stops for my birthday weekend back in March with a trip to Whistler and while I knew I could do nothing on that scale for him, I did want to make the day as special as I could for him!


Unfortunately the guy had to work, but once he did make it home we celebrated with some of his favorite oreo dessert before shipping the kids off to grandma's house for the night! My mom was super kind and helpful to take our clan off our hands for the evening and they had a blast being spoiled with grandma!


Then it was time for all the adults in the Keyser family to head out to Peter's favorite dinner spot, Benihana! 


Then we were off to an escape room. I wanted to come up with something fun and different that I thought Peter would enjoy and this fit the bill!  How it works is we were locked in a "bunker" with a bomb with a 1 hour timer on it.  We had to solve problems and puzzles and find clues in order to diffuse the bomb.  It was a lot of fun and we we had it down to the wire as we fumbled with passwords and locks in the last seconds to finish with just 14 seconds left on the timer!  


I hope I was able to give my amazing husband a wonderful birthday celebration.  I have thought long and hard for a gift that would be meaningful and desired by him and I know one of his biggest passions is to return back to Ethiopia as soon as possible. I am excited for him to be able to get that dream off the ground and I know it won't be long before he's back on some beloved Ethiopian soil! 



Peter, you are so so loved!  I am proud of the amazing husband and father and just in general man you are!  I've been so fortunate to spend a decent portion of your life with you and accomplish some pretty amazing things together. We've had a lot of fun too!  I look forward to all that we will accomplish together in this next decade and I know we still have a lot of living left to do!  You are an incredible blessing to all of us fortunate to know you! Love you with all my heart!  

0 comments: