Friday, May 11, 2012

My Daughter

Something was missing from my life, and I didn't even know it!  


I truly had no idea how badly I longed for a daughter!  When I was younger, I used to think all I wanted was  to be surrounded by sons.  But I am so grateful that God's plans once again reigned superior and He knew I needed a little pink in my life!


Now don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all of my heart and I am overjoyed to be the mother of boys! I need those boys just as much as I needed this little girl!  But there is a unique place set aside in my heart, that I wasn't even aware of before she was born - made just for my little girl!




My heart is overflowing with love right now!  My life is so full of joy, even if I am exhausted and can't see straight. My daughter has helped to complete my life in a way that even a month ago, I had no idea it was lacking.



 My mom has always told me that every mother needs a daughter, and now I really do understand what she means by that.  My relationship with Sabrina will forever be special!  I look forward to so many uniquely girly things with her.  Piercing her ears when she is old enough to want them done, which just like when I was little will be followed with a bag of gummy worms and a new toy!  Countless trips to the mall and to chick flicks.  Trips to The Bippity Boppity Boutique in Disneyland for Princess attire and then meet and greets with her favorite Disneyland princesses.  Which will someday transition into prom dates and wedding dress shopping.  We're going to have fun Sabrina, I can promise you that!



 And even if she is never into the frills, but instead would prefer to dig worms and go fishing, well I'll be right beside her for that too.  I'll be right beside her, with flashlight in hand for the great big worm hunt at dusk!  If she'd rather play with cars than barbies and ride bikes over painting her nails, which lets be honest, with two big brothers is entirely possible!  I am ready to embrace whatever it is she chooses to do with life, even if that means I need to branch out a little more into tea parties and nail salons :)  



I will never forget when she was put on my chest, and the nurse and doctor told Peter to tell me what we had.  When he said a girl, I was left utterly speechless!   Even though I had suspected girl all along, actually knowing that I was blessed with a daughter was almost too much to handle in that moment!  With tears in my eyes, I realized that a heart longing had been fulfilled.  I had become the mother of a beautiful little girl - just what I needed!



Oh, Precious Sabrina Fair - I love you so much and probably in ways you won't be able to completely comprehend until you become a mother to a daughter someday yourself!  You are so beautiful and I am so thankful for the gift that you are in my life and look forward to a lifetime with you!      



1 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!
And this post is beautiful :)

I love our girls and the fun they bring. Of course I am the non girly type and all of my girls are girly....awesome fun the Lord had with that!!