Monday, January 2, 2012

Let The Prep Begin

Well, it is now January and time for us to start preparing for the newest little member of the family. I have a decent list of projects to complete before baby arrives. I just cleaned out Malachi's closet so that we can move all of Eli's stuff into his room. Eventually they will share a room, but we are going to hold off on that transition for as long as possible. We will be buying Malachi a toddler bed here shortly and may start working on that transition before baby arrives. Then we just have the standard stuff to do - pull out all the newborn stuff and make room for it, get my bag packed early so that I won't be running around throwing stuff in it after my water breaks at 36 weeks this time!

But one of my top priorities for this month is getting meals into my freezer! With 3 babies to care for, this will save me a lot of work after baby comes and if the threat of bed rest that my doctor has made comes to fruition we can use them at that point as well. I've compiled my list of meals and slowly but surely plan on getting my freezer full of yummy stuff!

I actually cheated a little bit in January. My goal for this batch of freezer meals is to not have to buy anything special for the meals, but use ingredients that we already have at home. Since I shop using coupons, in December we ended up with 20 lbs of potatoes on our hands. I knew there was no way in the world we would be able to eat all those potatoes before they went bad, so into the freezer they went:


So our freezer now has Potatoes Au Gratin:


Homemade French Fries:


And hashbrowns!


I know all those fall more into the "side food" not main course category, but I will have some yummy main courses in there soon enough!

1 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

You're making me crave some serious amounts of carbs ;-)