Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2nd Trimester Recap

Whew, we've made it through the loooong trimester and are officially on the homestretch - YAY! I am amazed at how excited I am to meet my little baby #3, even though I know I am going to be SO busy!

So way back a few months ago, I posted my first trimester recap. I am making a mini-scrapbook diary of every week of my pregnancy. I won't bore everyone with the details but will give a very brief recap of what the weeks were like:

14 Weeks: The week I NEEDED a Taco Bell bean burrito every night!


Week 15: The week I NEEDED root beer (yeah, cravings were in full force at the start of the second trimester!)


Week 16: 4 Month Belly Picture (posted further down)

Week 17: Baby is the size of a turnip!
Week 18: The week the cleaning bug hit (and amazingly this one stuck around for several weeks!)
Week 19: Holly Heartburn Batman! Tums are my friend!
Week 20: Got to see our precious little one on ultrasound! So much fun!


Week 21: 5 Month Belly Pic (posted further down)

Week 22: Baby is the size of Papaya (and a little over a whole pound!)
Week 23: The week the scale took off (sigh)

Week 24: 6 Month belly pic (posted further down)

Week 25: The week I didn't want to get out of bed! Welcome back exhaustion!

Week 26: The return of Cereal - Yum Yum Yum!



And here's the belly pic progression by month:





I am just one week shy of my next belly pic and this kid is GROWING!

So here we are at the trimester we've been anticipating and waiting for. The trimester my doctor promises to watch me like a hawk and the one that I have been nervous about approaching. We don't know what caused Eli to come early, so we have to be prepared for anything. It could have been a total fluke and I will make it full term this time (praying for that!) or I could be at risk of going even earlier this time. We are preparing for the worst as I have been having lots of problems with contractions, but I am hopeful with close monitoring and resting as much as possible that we will make it at least as far as we did with Eli - but I am REALLY hoping for the 38-41 week range this time!

So onward we grow :)

0 comments: