Saturday, July 23, 2011

Marriage Posts

Lately we have been spending more time focused on our marriage. One of the ways in which I get tips and ideas is by reading blogs devoted to marriage!

Every once and awhile I find blog posts that I really like. Here are a few from this week:

Datenights: Click HERE for the link!

Peter and I really value the chance to get out and get some couple time when we can! It really is refreshing for our marriage!

Now this blog post I found interesting since we got married at a "young" age. It is a little bit of a touchy subject. You can read part 1 HERE and part 2 HERE My interest is particularly in Part 2.

It is definitely something to think about (fortunately I still YEARS before I need to worry about) as we raise our kids. Is encouraging our children to graduate from college before marriage or maintaining purity more important (if they are in a serious relationship in their late teens). We definitely got a lot of comments that we were "too young" to get married. And of course our desire to wait until marriage DID partially impact wanting to marry so young. After reading this blog post I did a bit of research and statistics do agree with the bloggers opinion. People who maintain purity until marriage are actually quite a bit less likely to divorce. And the further you get in to your 20's prior to marriage the less likely you are to maintain that purity (if you are trying to wait until marriage). Also statistics show a greater marriage satisfaction rate in general for couples who wait until marriage. Kind of interesting to think about as I try and parent these little boys to grow up to be men of high honor!

Anyway, definitely a few blog posts that got me thinking this week!

0 comments: