Monday, May 25, 2009

A nice long weekend

We have really enjoyed our long Holiday weekend. The nice weather just seems to make the long weekends more special! Friday we had a youth group all-nighter. Peter and I work with the middle schoolers in our church. We knew it was going to be a rough night. It seems the longer the kids were awake the more crazy they got. I was exhausted and fell asleep probably around 3:30 and slept off and on until about 7:00. Peter slept from 4:00-4:30 and then he was awake and ready to go. The sleepover ended at 10:00 and so we came home and slept for 2 hours before we had to be up and shower so that I could go to my acupuncture appointment.

This appointment was much different then the first one. I had a whole lot more needles in this time then the first time. Definitely felt like a pin cushion! They also treated my allergy symptoms this time. I am starting to notice that it is helping my back and they seem to think that with continued treatment I will notice that the pain stays away for longer and longer and then eventually it will stay away for good! That would be absolutely amazing. I never thought I could be pain free again but I have learned to deal with the pain and now having just a couple days without any pain - it has been great and I want to be like that again :) After acupuncture we decided that we might as well keep going and so we went to a movie and then headed off to bed. It was a very good nights sleep let me tell you! I think I got a total of 12 hours of sleep that night and then got up for awhile and took a 3 hour nap! It has really messed up our schedule so we had a very low key Saturday.

Sunday we had a family bbq at my grandma's house. It was actually very relaxing and we ate way too much food! The weather has been awesome! Makes me wish that we lived somewhere warm all year round. Maybe someday! Oh well, back to work tomorrow but at least it will be a short week!

0 comments: