Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Birthday Weekend at the Beach

This weekend I turned 31. It was a special treat that my parents offered to let us join them at the beach for the weekend!

We started the weekend off with some pizza and games! 








Saturday we spent a little time off exploring and getting the kids some treats. 


And some pool time with daddy!



Bina helped decorate my cake! 


Then Peter snuck me off for a little bit to a restaurant we hadn't visited in many years, maybe even 12 1/2 to be exact. This was our last stop together before Peter left me for college so there is definitely some nostalgia to the location.  



And then we returned to the kids for the evening. 


The next morning was my birthday and my mom spoiled me all weekend with my favorite foods. Strawberry waffles for breakfast! 



It was proving to be a beautiful day! 


Unfortunately someone wasn't having a good day, I swear there is one every time we go someplace. Mal was down with a fever and had kept Peter up most of the night with a tummy bug. But he was doing somewhat better in the morning, even if he didn't look like it from this picture. 


Eli couldn't wait to get down to the beach. In total he walked about 5 miles with grandpa this day! 



The guys returned with 11 sand dollars and Eli was quite proud 


After some rest and getting the fever to break, we were able to get all the kids on the beach, including Mal! 







Then it was a yummy dinner complete with my childhood favorites - fried chicken and macaroni salad and my mom seriously makes the best cakes! 


It was a very fun and relaxing weekend. For the first time in MONTHS, I was able to take a couple naps and just chill out!  And by the end of the weekend Mal was feeling mostly better! 


I am hopeful that this next year will be a really good year for me!

1 comments:

S said...

Happy Birthday and best wishes for the year ahead! Today is my birthday (but I'm 46 to your 31, LOL), so we are both March babies. :-)