Friday, December 6, 2013

Think Kit #6

So I missed yesterday's and I'm not even going to attempt to make it up, but I'm back on track today.

This Think Kit has me looking forward to next year and thinking about acts of charity and generosity and what I want to accomplish next year.

In just a few short weeks, Peter and I will be embarking on a journey back to Ethiopia.  This desire has been in our hearts for several years now and we are excited and nervous and know this trip will greatly impact our lives.  I know there are a lot of opinions on short term mission work and whether it does good or just makes the trip goers feel good.  Peter and I worked hard to make sure we were going with an organization that truly understands Ethiopia and is highly invested in organizations that do daily work in country.  I believe whole heartedly in the mission of Ordinary Hero and the work Kelly Putty does in Ethiopia.

I don't know what this trip to Ethiopia holds for us.  I do have a strong sense though that God is putting us there and that God is just planting a seed in our hearts for something bigger to come.  We plan to spend our entire lives heavily invested in Ethiopia and I think this is just the beginning of that for us.  I hope this trip will open our eyes a bit more to the amazing people of Ethiopia and the true needs in the country and allow us to get deeper invested in Ethiopia.  I'm totally clueless to what this trip means for us beyond that I just have a gut feeling that this trip is the spark that will ignite more of SOMETHING in our lives!  

0 comments: