Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lots of........

We've been doing a lot of:

Relaxing



and as much of this as we can get:


Yup, exciting times, but I am loving every moment of cuddling my little guy as I know he is going to grow way to fast.


Sleep is going about as well as can be expected. He usually goes about 3 hours at night, but last night we did get one 6 hour stretch which was AMAZING! So Swaddler blankets are a huge thing right now, but I did my research to try and find the very best swaddle blanket on the market and I saw nothing but great reviews for a blanket called "The Miracle Blanket". Well, this blanket is living up to its name. It wraps Eli up nice and tight and he can't wiggle out of it and we all sleep better at night with him in his miracle blanket!




He is already changing so fast. He is still wearing preemie clothes, but starting to outgrow a few outfits. We have started putting some newborn stuff on him, but they practically fall off of him :)

He is pretty good at ensuring his pacifier stays in his mouth. He uses his arm to hold it in - smart boy :)


So how is Malachi adjusting to being the big brother? Well, he doesn't even really acknowledge or notice the baby unless Eli fusses which doesn't happen very often. It is hard right now, and will get harder when Peter gets back to work in a few weeks (so thankful that he works for a company willing to give him 2 paternity leaves in a 6 month timeframe!). The sleep deprivation is going to be the hardest part, but in some ways I think this might be the easier way to have kids. Malachi hasn't been the king of the castle for too long so the adjustment for him is going very smooth. He is too young to really show any jealousy and I can't wait to watch these two brothers grow up together and be buddies!

1 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Awwww.....very cute! We used Swaddle me and Joanna loved it. I think the swaddle thing really was a big help :) Of course being in the sling with me all the time was great too.

Love the pics....and I agree having children close together has benefits.... he he he we should know :)