Friday, February 18, 2011

2 weeks

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.


My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.


Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.




Today I am so incredibly grateful that God chose to give Eli life. His first week of life was so incredibly difficult for me to handle, but God got us through it somehow. Looking back now, I truly have no idea where the strength came from. But, it is pure bliss here on the other side. I see the miracle that is our little boy! He is a living reminder that every breathe is given to us by God. I love to snuggle up close to him and feel his chest rise with every breath and to listen to him inhale life giving air!

Today I am thankful for the miracle that is life!

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

AMEN!!!!!!

Veronique said...

Wow! Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing :)

http://lifeasaluce.blogspot.com/

Kelli said...

He is adorable!!

Also wanted to share a fun weekend for adoptive families...

http://magicalfamilies.wordpress.com/october-7-9-2011/

We are going and are SO excited! Would love to meet you there!