Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby Update

Yesterday I went in for another OB appointment. Things are still pretty routine and boring, which for at least this next week until we arrive at "full term" we are okay with. My gestational diabetes is getting harder to monitor and control, but still overall the doctor said my numbers aren't awful so no need for concern right now. She always comments on how good the baby's heart rate is. She also confirmed with me that the head is down really low in my pelvis, which I had assumed, but it was nice to get confirmation.

Other than that, we are waiting until my appointment next week where we will see if things are starting to progress and we will also at that point in time hopefully be able to make a decision on whether a c-section would be best do to my back problems. I am just ready to know either way so that I can start mentally preparing for it. I trust my doctor completely and have no reservations about doing what she feels is best.

As we keep inching closer and closer to the big day I am feeling more eager to get the house clean. Today I got a lot of cleaning done and hopefully will continue in this pattern so that I can come home to a nice and clean house after the baby comes! It is getting more and more difficult to do normal household tasks and do things like change Mal's diaper and put my socks on.

Overall though, in some ways I will miss this pregnancy. This very well could be the only time I get this experience and I am so thankful and grateful that God has given us this little life. There have been some difficult times (20 weeks of morning sickness was so not cool) but overall it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be based on all the stories I have heard about pregnancy. I think I have had what is considered an "easy" pregnancy and I am very grateful for that!

So while I am a little sad to see this pregnancy coming to an end, I am so excited to meet my little baby and find out if it is a boy or a girl and cuddle and hold this little one!

1 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying your little one comes easily and can't wait to meet him or her!!! Soon??? :)