Monday, December 20, 2010

30 Weeks

Well we have reached the final stretch of the pregnancy. In 10ish short weeks little baby Keyser will be in our arms!

So here is what 30 weeks looks like: Baby is about the size of a squash and about to go through a massive growth spurt in the coming weeks!


How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15 lbs
Stretch marks: no
Maternity clothes: Fully in Maternity Clothes and outgrowing some!
Sleep: Getting more and more difficult. I toss and turn a lot at night and have added several more pillows to the bed. I wake up with really bad heartburn in the middle of the night and the past few weeks I had to purchase a neck pillow because I get a horrible stiff neck while I sleep.
Food cravings/aversions: I still crave coke and lemonaide, also have wanted frosted sugar cookies lately but with my recent diagnoses of Gestational Diabetes I have to fight the cravings!
Gender: After the recent ultrasound I am thinking boy since it looked so much like Peter and I am carrying low (which is supposed to be boy) but I really have no idea.
Movement: Lots of strong kicks and rolls. Baby has moved head down (for the time being) so I am getting lots of hard kicks in the ribs which HURT! I am really able to make out little body parts when I touch my tummy which is so cool!
Best moment: Our 3D ultrasound we had done this past week! It was so amazing to get a really good glimpse of our little baby in there!
What I miss: Being comfortable. The back pain is getting bad and the neck pain at night. Also sitting up puts a lot of pressure on my back and ribs. I also really miss being able to eat what I want, when I want it.
I am looking forward to: Getting ready for this baby! 30 weeks really makes it feel like the baby is coming soon. In January we plan on getting the house all ready for the new baby!
Weekly Wisdom: Even if you think you are doing everything right, some things are out of your control. I seriously never really considered that I could have Gestational Diabetes, but here I am with it. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches! Thank God I will be back to normal soon :)
Milestones: Being in the final stretch. Baby is 75% baked!!!











4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Praise God for your new precious one.

David and Larisa said...

Finally remembered to add this blog to my list so that I can actually remember to read it! It's good to catch up again, and Malachi is SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe that he's 8 months already - time is flying! Sorry about the gestational diabetes though... :-(

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

awesome!!! love that you have the squash by your belly. so cute!

S said...

Finally getting around to returning your visit to my blog a few weeks back. . . (oh, and btw: feel free to leave a comment there any time!)

Your son is absolutely adorable, and you must be so excited to be so far along in your pregnancy. You will be meeting your new little one soon!

If my math is right, you are going to have two kiddos less than a year apart. . . wow!