Saturday, December 11, 2010

3 Hour Test, Boring Ramblings.......

I got up bright and early this morning to conquer the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I wanted to get it over with early as I knew I still had 3 hours of not eating in front of me. I got there so early that the hospital was pretty much a ghost town. I had to check in at the Emergency Room and call the lab and let them know I was waiting. I was quickly taken back to give my first blood sample from fasting. Then I got the lovely double dose of glucose drink. Last time I got the lemon-lime and this time they gave me orange. The orange was NASTY. I am not sure if it was because of the double dose or if it was just gross but if (big if) I ever get pregnant again, I will request the lemon-lime cocktail.

So I was off for my first hour of waiting. Pretty soon my friend Megan showed up and we visited through the entire three hours and they went pretty quick! It was really nice of her to be willing to come spend her day out at the hospital with me! After 3 hours of sitting and 3 blood draws on the hour, I was sent on my way. I asked the lab technician if the doctor would have the results by Monday and she said "Oh yeah, they have all already been processed." I asked her if she could tell me, which of course she said no to. Bummer. So we will have the verdict on Monday. With the one hour I felt really good throughout the hour, no nausea or anything so I was kind of surprised to learn I failed so badly. This time I felt really sick for the first 2 hours, so we will see if that has any bearing on the results.

Other random musings. Peter and I have decided that we are going to get a 3D/4D ultrasound. This is something I have really wanted to do and I know we are running out of time. I just really felt like I would regret it if I didn't do it since this may be our only chance. I wasn't allowed to watch our 20 week ultrasound as the technician said it would be "too difficult" for him to turn the monitor so I could see. LAME. I felt so robbed of the experience. Here I am, with all the nausea, the full bladder, and all those other not so fun symptoms but I don't get to see my own child who is growing in MY tummy! So I am really excited for this experience and I know it will be awesome to get another glimpse of our ever growing baby! The best time for this ultrasound is 28ish weeks but they said they turn out well up to 32 weeks. I am 28 weeks right now so we are hoping to get this thing scheduled in the next week or two! I can't wait to share the pictures of our little one :)

1 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

When I did my test I had the orange too! So gross!

Can't wait 2 see pics!