Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Tired

It is great to be almost done with the week. I know that this is considered "hump day" for most people in the work force (including Peter) but for me this means that tomorrow is my Friday!!! I guess that is not entirely true, but it can be if I wish :) We have voluntary overtime on our day off and I try to go in for a few hours. I get to be lazy if I go in on my day off and I get to do some work on the computers - the only drawback is making myself get up early on Friday's when I know that I don't HAVE to get up!!!

Three more weeks until Jamaica - sorry, couldn't resist, I had to throw that one out there :)

We are still hashing out all of the details for graduation and the parties to follow. We are working with Champoeg Park to try to reserve a picnic site but I guess they don't take reservations until the end of May for picnics. We may just have to make a full day out of it then and get out there early to make sure we get the spot we want :)

We had a very nice weekend - Friday night we went to the Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift concert. We had a very good time there and then we turned around on Saturday and went to the beach for the night after Peter finished up his VITA program. The beach was stormy - just how Peter likes the beach to be. I guess crashing waves in the background as you are trying to sleep is not enough for him - he needs howling wind, pounding rain and crashing waves. Sunday the weather was somewhat better - cold, but not raining (what more can you ask for on the Oregon Coast ...right???) We went to the Outlet Mall where we usually do not find much of any interest to us - but I was fortunate this trip and was able to pick up the last of the things I wanted/needed for Jamiaca. I have rampaged through numerous stores and malls trying to find some nice clothes and I hadn't had any luck until the beach!!!

Now we just need to finish the week. I have been without my wedding ring this week - that is the norm when I go in for my six month inspections - I always have loose diamonds (who would have guessed that Upholstery work is bad for rings?!?!?!) I finally get to go pick it up tomorrow. That will allow me one last trip to the mall to see if there are any last things that I can't live without for Jamaica. We don't have any extravagant plans for the weekend yet - but we always seem to find ways to kill the time!!!

0 comments: