Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Year in Review - LB style!


As this last month of the year speeds by, I thought it would be fun to go through and recap some of our favorite moments with each of the family members, starting with the baby of the family. Clearly she has grown a lot in the last 12 months! 




LB is our spirited child. She makes me laugh, she makes me feel like I am losing my mind sometimes. 2 years old had nothing on her at 3! LB's love language is physical touch and she loves to snuggle and hug. If we are sitting down, she must either sit on us or have her hand on us at the very least. She loves hugs and she can often be heard saying "I love you".  She is very affectionate and loving! 



One of the fun times we shared this year was up in Whistler Canada. This is the first time we've taken her on a trip and she's been ready to enjoy with the rest of us. I will never forget seeing this tiny 2 year old blasting down a pretty good sled hill all by herself. 


She is still a very small child just barely breaking 25 lbs but measures in pretty tall on the charts. I am so proud of where she has come. One of her greatest accomplishments this year was testing out of Early Intervention services (particularly speech therapy) and actually testing above average in several areas!  Something we haven't shared too much about her is that we had some scary "what ifs" with her when she was a baby, including a brain MRI when she was 9 months old.  She has overcome them all! A lot of our concerns are completely gone. She is talking and running and jumping and just pushing past all of those scary things!  

 

Little Miss turned 3 years old this year and anyone who has had a 3 year old knows how challenging they can be! But there is so much good too. She's happy, she's healthy, she's funny and entertaining!  It is fun to see her old enough to start having her own interests. She got this random idea in her head that she wants to take ballet and won't let that thought go. She also begs to take swim lessons.  I think she is going to be a go getter who has no fear! 


In 2018 we look forward to her starting preschool.  We also look forward to getting her started in activities, maybe ballet and swim or awana and see what interests her  most. It seems as though she wants to grow up just as fast as she can but I can tell you I want to keep her small as long as I can.


A few questions I asked her:

What do you want for Christmas? Goldie and Bear Toys
What are you most looking forward to about next year? Take Ballet and Christmas


0 comments: