Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Another Year of School Starts!

Yes, summer feels like it is just starting around our parts, but my kids have been out of school for quite awhile now and with a year round schedule that we love, we are starting back up!  Schooling year round allows us to take a few weeks off in September and March, go on break from Thanksgiving to New Year's and still wrap up the year in early May!  We've loved the flexibility and have noticed the kids seem to retain more info with smaller breaks.  

We are very excited and I have to say off to a wonderful start. I've learned a lot in the years I've been home schooling so far. Most important is to just relax and slow down!  I love the flexibility we have to move at the right pace for each kid and spend as much time as we like on a subject.  This year we are excited to be in 2nd grade, 1st grade, Kindergarten, and maybe even a little bit of preschool for a little sis who really wants to be included.  

We are also as a family studying swimming creatures in science, the middle ages in history, and learning about God's gifts in Bible study. I wasn't sure I was really ready for a new school year but I have to say as we launch I have never been more excited for a school year. I hope the good days of school continue on :)  





0 comments: