Saturday, April 3, 2010

Freezer Meals - Take 2

What can YOU do with $100 of groceries?



One of the things I wanted to do before Baby Dash's arrival was get a freezer full of dinner's put away. Last summer I discovered the art of Freezer Meals. It is a lot of work in a day, but well worth the results. All the food still tasted great after months in the freezer and it saves so much money!!!

Last time I did this, it took 8 hours. This time it only took about 6, but I took out some of the more complex recipes and added some simpler ones.

So what types of things will the Keyser's be eating in the coming months?

We have some Lazy Lasagna's


Lots of Baked Ziti (Peter's personal favorite)


Mexi-Chicken: (serve with rice and chicken)

Chicken and Brocolli Bake: (served with rice)

Brocolli and Ham Bake:

Scalloped Potatoes and Ham:

Beans and Rice Bake:


And lots and lots of Beef and Bean Burritos:


Needless to say the freezer is packed! I really want to make up another at least partial batch of freezer meals before we leave. We are pretty confident that we will be in Ethiopia come June so I will hopefully get that freezer completely full in May!