Monday, September 8, 2008

Real Work Life

Well we made it through week #1! Last week was pretty crazy but Peter survived his first week in corporate America and enjoyed himself in the process. I am very happy that he seems to enjoy what he is doing. Last week was spent two hours north of Seattle in a town called Darrington. He spent his nights in a nice hotel with a king size bed and 50" plasma tv - I think the tv was the highlight of his trip even though he was hardly ever in the hotel. He was very busy but loved what they had him doing and was gone until late at night. It was quite an adjustment relationship wise because we were not able to talk to each other very much last week at all. He was getting back to the hotel so late and I was having to go to bed to get up in the morning and go to work. I asked Peter if there was anything he would like to add to this post about his first week of work and he said - and I quote- "the big tv" Yeah, that is the extent of it. No, we would also like to add that he gained a lot of respect for people who work in lumber mills because they have to be quite smart to do the job they do. He was sent up to Seattle with no one else from Portland but with three people from the L.A. office and had a good time with all of them.

This week is much less entertaining for him - no big tv's at work to watch all the training videos on, just his laptop at his desk :) He is trying out the bus for transportation into Portland and so far so good with that. It takes him about an hour to get there from Sherwood but it works out since he can study for his exams on the way to and from work so it doesn't cut into his time with me at night -plus he is saving a TON of money if he doesn't drive into Portland and park.

I have nothing too thrilling going on in my life. My biggest excitement that I have not mentioned on here yet is - I am going to be an aunt again! I am very excited to get another niece or nephew to play with and love and I will anxiously be awaiting their arrival in early May!!!

0 comments: