Monday, June 23, 2008

Samson

Things have been tough in the Keyser household this past week, but things are getting easier everyday. My first puppy Samson was put to sleep on Friday. Samson did not live with me for the past two years, he stayed at my parents house after I moved out, but he was always still my baby. He just turned 10 at the beginning of this month. On Wednesday of this past week my mom took him to the vet because he was bleeding really bad and they ran a bunch of tests on him and concluded that he had some sort of a virus that was causing his immune system to attack itself. The vet gave him a 50-50 chance at that point and they were going to put him on IV drugs for 3 to 4 days. On Thursday morning he was doing better and eating again but by later that evening he was really sick again. The vet said not to give up hope yet, that most dogs do survive the condition, but early Friday morning the vet said he was suffering and put him to sleep. If he had been able to survive this he would have probably lived another 3-5 years. It caught my whole family off guard and it has been a rough week for everyone in my family. Samson was a great dog to all of us.

Juno must have known that I was sad this weekend because she stayed extra close to me all weekend. She is doing well, she just turned 3 months on Friday and she is eating a lot and growing a lot. She is still getting a lot of hair and we are hopefully on the upside of potty training now. She does not have very many accidents, except when I say how good she has been doing, then she pees in the house again. She knows how to sit and lay down and we just started working on stay. My hope is for her to carry on the tradition of crazy tricks that started with Samson!!!

Peter is doing great studying for the CPA exam. He is feeling more confident and more prepared everyday. Please keep him in your prayers, he is 2 weeks away from his first test date and I know nerves and doubts are going to get to him any day now. We have been discussing what we want to do to celebrate each test that he passes. He wants to go to Benihana's when he passes the first test. The second one he hasn't decided yet. The third reward is a night to the beach and the fourth and final passed test he will go buy a Nikon or Rebel camera!

I am still on 50 hour work weeks. I am looking forward to next week when I only have to work 20 hours!!! I don't know what I am going to do with all my free time next week but I will hopefully get some yard work done! We have gotten the back yard all cleared out now and this weekend hopefully Peter will get the yard leveled and then I can go buy some plants for the yard. I only have one part of the yard planned out and the rest will probably be cheap things that we can find. Then we will bark dust and put a little gravel walkway through the yard and call it good!!! It will be so nice to have that project fully completed!!!

That is all the news in the past week - its been a rough one!

0 comments: