Monday, June 9, 2008

Busy life............

Things on the home front are very busy right now. I can't imagine things being much busier then they are right now, but I am sure something else may come up eventually to add to the fun. Peter is in full swing with CPA exam studying. He has been studying for the better part of two weeks now for the first of four sections that he will hopefully be taking in early July. That date is quickly approaching and Peter is definitely nervous about the whole process so please keep him in your prayers :) He has to study for at least three hours every night and at least four hours a day over the weekend so that has kept him tied up most of the night. There is so much information for the poor guy to cover but he is taking an awesome prep course that gives him good study guides and great practice tests that help him figure out what his weak spots are.

My life is very busy with my job. We are up to 50 hour mandatory weeks right now and who knows if/when that could be bumped up to working on Saturdays. I am very thankful to be working for a company that is so busy because I have been hearing of so many people right now who are getting their hours reduced at their jobs or getting laid off so I am one of the fortunate and I don't take that for granted. We are busier then we have ever been in my time there and we are pretty sure that things will not be slowing down until the end of the year now. My back is having a very hard time dealing with the hours and so I just need to do everything that I am supposed to do with it (take my meds, use my chi-machine, stretches) and hopefully I will be able to survive!

Juno is doing very well. She is now 10 weeks old and growing quickly. It is amazing how she is growing hair now. Our naked puppy is growing hair!!! I think she is just happy to have a home! She is doing very well with potty training as long as we keep a close eye on her and we are beginning to be able to tell the signs that she needs to go out. She has learned how to sit and is starting to get the hang of down. The biggest problem we have had with her so far is crate training. She has hated going anywhere near her kennel and freaks out anytime we put her in it. She freaks out to the point of scratching her poor face up really bad. We tried quite a few different methods at first and it finally came down to the best option being .............. spending all day at Grandma's house!!! She really is "parent training" us. Peter takes her over to "Grandma's House" on his way to work at 6:30 in the morning and she spends the day there until Peter gets off work. She plays with Bella and Edik and gets some time in the crate which has been very good for her. She still does not like the crate, but she is getting used to the fact that she has to spend time in it. One thing about her is for sure - she has us wrapped around her paws!!!!

In the last bit of big and exciting news for today - and this is exciting news for us - we are going to Disneyland!!!! Over our 2nd wedding anniversary we will be going to Disneyland with the rest of the Keyser family! Even after a few short weeks of working these long and exhausting hours I am so ready to go away and there is no better place to go then the happiest place on earth - so very exciting!!!

So there you have it for today. I will be posting pictures soon of Juno's introduction to the chinchillas - it was very cute!!!

1 comments:

JandM said...

Life is in full swing for you two! I hope that Peter does well on his CPA exam!

I'm sorry to hear that our back has been bothering you with the long hours that you have been putting into your job. I hope it lets up and gives you a bit of a reprieve.

Juno is so cute! Congrats on your new addition! Glad to hear that she is catching onto potty training.

Disneyland!! That's going to be an awesome way to spend your anniversary! We're actually taking the kids there over the Summer, too!