Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Peter's Birthday

This weekend we celebrated my favorite person in the worlds birthday! He never takes any time for himself and he rarely gets to do the things he enjoys doing so we tried to plan a day with a few of his favorite things. 

Starting with a stop to get some of his favorite donuts 


And the flavor of the month just so happened to be delicious raspberry! 


We normally do a "real" hike but between the pregnancy, hot weather and kids who really don't enjoy hiking we took it a little bit easier this year and just did a short local hike with some fun views of Portland.








We were all a bit tired and hot and cranky (did I mention the kids don't like hiking?)  but Peter's favorite lunch stop cured everyone of the grumpy's! 


Even better we were able to come home and take naps and then enjoy the evening with the kids and Peter's family!  It's never much fun to have to work on your birthday but hopefully the little bit of time we got to spend with Peter for his birthday was fun enough! 



Peter, I love you so very much and count my blessings that you were born and are a constant part of my life! I could not imagine life without you in it. You love your family so sacrificially and I hate that at times I take amazing you for granted! You work so stinkin hard for your family, working and commuting long hours and during this pregnancy you have been such a rock for me. Never complaining but willing to put aside your own stresses, step right in and help with the kids, help with dinner, help with cleaning, run out at 9:30 to fulfill a craving. It's not fair to you but your efforts are not going unnoticed.  I know it's hard work and yet you make it all look so easy. You are one amazing guy and these years I've got to spend with you in my life have been the best kind of blessing.  I hope someday I can love you as well as you always love me. I hope you felt a little bit of that love and appreciation as we celebrated you this weekend. One of the best blessings ever is seeing how much our kids adore and look up to you.  You are so loved by all of us every day of the year but I hope you really felt it for your birthday!  


0 comments: