Saturday, July 20, 2019

20 Week Ultrasound


Yes, we have crossed over the halfway point in this pregnancy and we are cruising right along!  I have been so eager to get a glimpse of this little baby that the last 5 weeks since I made the appointment have dragged on and on.  But we finally made it and I just love staring at that screen and getting to really "meet" our baby for the first time!  

The baby was so active all morning and had quieted down a little bit before the appointment so I figured it was napping but I was surprised to see how much this baby was moving around in there when I wasn't feeling it. I feel like this baby is so much more active already than the other kids so it was sweet to hear the ultrasound tech laugh and watch in amazement as this baby never sat still and made getting measurements really difficult! 

It was as equally difficult as the other two kiddos were at their ultrasounds, and maybe more so since I have to go back in a couple weeks to try again to get some measurements they weren't able to get because of our uncooperative little one. Baby is measuring almost a week ahead and weighing in at 14 ounces.  I'm a bit surprised as our other kiddo's measured on the smaller side but this kid is showing us in every way to not compare it to the others lol!  And very much unlike his or her siblings who were still hiding low in my pelvis at 20 weeks this one was up high and laying transverse which also probably doesn't help with how big I feel already! 

The ultrasound report was great news in every way, everything they were able to get looks perfect and even my cervix which was short by this stage last time is measuring well longer than average meaning I don't need to be worrying at all about preterm labor at this stage in the game! I can't tell you how relieved I was to hear that news and just in general know that everything is going great in there!  I am so thankful and so blessed to be carrying this little blessing!  


This picture definitely looks like Daddy and big brother to me but that doesn't say anything about gender because both of our kiddo's came out looking like their Daddy! 


We elected to not find out gender again. With 2 of each the decision was very easy to make! I was surprised to find out the tech didn't even check out gender this time so it won't even be on my chart and nobody including our doctor will know until the big reveal! 

But just for fun, here are a few of the common old wives tales or comparisons to my past experiences having a boy and girl, although this baby proves time and time again that he or she is unique and their own person.  I am so excited and can't wait to meet this little one! 



1) Placenta location in early pregnancy: BOY
2) Carrying Low: BOY
3) Lots of Acne: GIRL
4) Heartrate: Indecisive, it was in the 160's at 12 weeks, which says girl but now it has settled in the 140's which in my opinion seems to be right between boy or girl rates.
5) Cravings Fruits and Vegetables: It's more like my BOY pregnancy where I could not get enough fruit than my girl pregnancy where I craved sweets.
6) Chinese Gender: Seems a little indecisive since baby was conceived during my birthday month.
7) Morning sickness:  More like my BOY pregnancy where a slight yucky feeling has lingered whereas my girl pregnancy was intense sickness but gone around 12 weeks.
8) Fatigue is much more like my BOY where I am still struggling with being tired and feeling yucky, once I was out of the first trimester with my girl I was good to go!

So MOST signs point to boy but you just never know until the end :)  We will be thrilled no matter what and count ourselves extremely blessed to just have this opportunity again!

1 comments:

S said...

Glad things are going well!