Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Another Month Passes

Somehow another month has passed as this blog sits empty. There is much to update - posts about our trip to San Diego, I'd love to share our Halloween. Life keeps moving forward and I seem to have less and less time to type. 

We are well into November now, and Thanksgiving is moments away. I'm not gonna lie, November has been a really hard month for me emotionally. I don't want to sound ungrateful in this month of Thanksgiving because I know there is so much to be grateful for and life is pretty darn great. But there are still things that have made this season really difficult for me. I would love to be in a place where I could write it all out here and release it, but I can't. I always hate when people are cryptic and I'm really not trying to be but I just can't go there right now.

But alas, I am surviving and it is the season of thanksgiving so I want to spend a few moments to be thankful for the good things!

1) I am thankful that through this year I have really grown spiritually and sought after God in all circumstances. I may not ever understand some of His reasons for circumstances we go through but He is good, He is with me through it all, and my hope for the future is in Him! There is something holy about being in a tough place emotionally but having the peace that God still has it covered.

2) I am thankful I have wonderful and supportive husband and our marriage is in a good place! We work diligently to make it better and communicate even when it is hard. I love how hard he works for us and sacrifices for us. I love that his primary concern is that his family is taken care of loved. I love that I had a weekend away with him to talk, have fun, and just be present with one another.

3) I am thankful for Malachi. He is smart, caring and outgoing. I love that he doesn't care what others think of him but is comfortable in being unique. I love that babies and little kids flock to him. I love that he loves going to church and reads his Bible and his favorite time is getting to pray in front of all the kids at church.  I love that he is sooooo different in personality than we are because it keeps our home interesting.

4) I am thankful for Eli who is the splitting image of his father so how could I not love and adore him! I love that he has his mamas temper and level of empathy. I love that all the foster puppies adore his gentle spirit. I love how naturally athletic and fun he is to watch in his element. I love that while he doesn't mind being out of the center of attention that one on one he thrives and chats your ear off.

5) I am thankful for Sabrina who always has a smile on her face. She has been my sunshine since the day she was born. I love that she is up for anything and hardly complains. I love that she is creative and content. I love that she is emotional and enjoys nail polish and paint and doing hair and all the typically girly things.

6) I am thankful for LB, for her fiesty spirit and how hilarious she is and makes me laugh. I love that she is a fighter and is smart and challenges us at every turn. I love that she is also outgoing and so vastly different than we are because it keeps life really interesting.

7) I am thankful for our puppy. We were not in the market for a dog whatsoever but this dog is such a good dog! He has an awesome demeanor and is amazing with the kids. He's my little/big companion that I guess I didn't know I needed.

8) I am thankful for the opportunity to home school. It is really challenging and my house is often a disaster because the kids are always here with me but I love that I get to spend my day with my kids. I love that I get to be an every day part of their education and know what they are learning and how they are learning it. I love that the Bible is an integral part of their education and I have the freedom to educate them in the way I feel is best. I love that there really great curriculums out there to help me in this process.  I love that they are able to take science classes at the local university and take home school swim lessons and piano during school hours.

9) I am thankful for protection on my family. That everyone is healthy and for the most part happy. That there are several moments over the last months that I can look back on and see that God had his hand of protection on us!

10) I am thankful for extended family outside of the walls of our home. That even in the midst of disagreements we still love each other and will have each others backs and be there at a moments notice if needed. I am thankful that family adores our children and is willing to help me taxi and care for the kids when I need a helping hand.

 And lastly, tonight I am thankful for hope. When life events have you down, it is amazing to have hope for better things and better moments to be coming soon. I love my life and am thankful for so much more than I could even type on these pages. Happy Thanksgiving! 




0 comments: