Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Family Weekend Away!

I had told the kids I had a big surprise for them once we finished our last day of school before Christmas break (yes, we are officially halfway through the year and taking a month off - yay!)



And thus began the drive to our most favorite place in Oregon! 


A quick stop once we were in the mountains to run and touch the snow! 


Us girls quickly retreated back to the car while the boys played for a few minutes 


Then we literally saw a miracle cross before our eyes as we loaded back up to get on the main road again.  a car was sliding right for us. Peter and I were both bracing for impact but somehow at the very last second with hardly an inch to spare, the car turned and somehow missed us.  It doesn't make sense so we're calling it a miracle. 

But we finally arrived safe and sound at Eagle Crest.  After going out for pizza we drove around and enjoyed all the lights the resort puts up. 



It was a weekend full of eating all my mom's yummy cooking, watching movies, swimming, and playing games.  


















This part of Oregon is seriously my favorite. I love that it experiences all 4 seasons. I love the mountains all around. If it were possible for Peter to find work there, I would love it but for the time being we will just be happy tourists to the area. 



And then a trek back through the snow.  It sure was pretty! 




Until next time Eagle Crest, maybe next time we can stay longer! 

0 comments: